Private Equity Real Estate Fund Administration
As a specialist in the field of private equity real estate administration, SS&C GlobeOp’s Private Equity services encompass all aspects in the life of a fund, including consultation in the creation of partnership documents, the offering process, investor and fund manager reporting, tax allocations and partnership closing.
SS&C GlobeOp’s Private Equity Fund Services professionals are experts in accounting, tax, treasury, investor services, applications, information technology and online services. Our private equity and administrative expertise results in a reduction in your administrative burden and adds value to the quality of service you deliver to your investors.
SS&C GlobeOp’s services are maximized by designating an experienced team of professionals to each client ensuring all needs are met and expectations are exceeded. Our team approach guarantees clear communication among all SS&C GlobeOp resources, providing each client the highest level of service, technology and support.
Hidden Hazards of Private Equity Operations
The withholding requirement under IRC §1441 and IRC §1446 can
be complex and require fairly stringent compliance. Regardless of the fund’s investment strategy, firm policies should be developed to reduce and
eliminate penalties and interest, even in the most complex fund structures. Read our whitepaper on Hidden Hazards of Private Equity Operations: Foreign Withholding and Investment Partnerships
- Investment and general ledger transactions
- Financial and capital account statements
- Capital calls and distributions
- Investor allocations, including waterfall calculations
- Record investment valuations
- Prepare performance calculations
- Coordinate annual audit of the funds
- Collect and book financial data from property managers – using standard data templates and/or electronic data feeds
- Record and reconcile monthly cash flows from property assets
- Book real estate loan activity, including cost, p/l, and realizations
- Track loan resets, interest rates, and coupon dates
- Maintain investor databases and perform annual mailing to update all information
- Perform all follow-up required for defaulting investors
- Scan all documentation for management and disaster recovery purposes
- Process all investor mailings, capital calls, distributions, tax estimates and K-1s
- Web reporting services including via client branded Limited Partner Portal
- Open and administer bank accounts
- Prepare bank and stock reconciliations
- Track distributions and proceeds
- Process wire transfers and distribution checks
- Purchase foreign currency and perform foreign currency transactions
- Prepare U.S. Federal, State and Local tax returns, and Schedule K-1s
- Prepare additional entity tax filings and tax estimates as requested by the Client
- Maintain tax capital accounts and investment roll forwards
- Collection of K-1s from underlying fund managers, if applicable
- Provide digital K-1 packages by investor by fund
- W9/W8 compliance
- Coordination with CPA firm’s annual tax review
- Form PF – Web application allowing for completion of Form PF including status tracking, alerts, data retention, multi-level review and online submission capabilities. SS&C’s Form PF utility can be used on a standalone basis or integrated with the PE Administration Services to streamline data capture.
- FATCA – SS&C’s comprehensive solution for FATCA compliance enables complete lifecycle assessment to identify, manage and report on the FATCA status of investors, allowing funds to ensure compliance while minimizing business and operational risk.
- Implementation and historical data conversion
- Systems training for client users
- Workflow analysis