AIFMD: Business as Usual
What is the AIFMD?
The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (the “AIFMD”) is a European Union directive which establishes a new regulatory and supervisory framework for alternative investment fund managers (“AIFM”s), including those managing hedge, private equity and real estate funds. The AIFMD aims to harmonise minimum rules for AIFMs of alternative investment funds (“AIF”s) that are sold to European investors. The primary objectives of the AIFMD are to increase investor protection, monitor systemic risk and enhance transparency.
SS&C GlobeOp are offering a range of services to assist our clients in meeting the requirements of the Directive with minimum cost and disruption.
- Minimum disruption to existing operating model
- Efficient Depositary “Lite” solution which maintains business as usual
- Provides the independence and segregation of duties that Investors expect
- Sophisticated Annex IV reporting solution removes operational burden
- Reporting solution is scalable and can be easily updated as regulation changes
- Provides an “AIFMD Ready” Valuation Policy template
- Independent risk reporting can assist AIFMs demonstrate segregation of duties
- Extensive market experience providing insights into practical implications of the AIFMD